Generate Your Own Clean, Renewable Energy
After retrofitting to seal up energy leaks, the next best way to save money on electricity bills is to generate your own clean, renewable energy. A number of rebates and incentives are available to help you install renewable energy systems, including solar water heaters, solar panels, small-scale wind, and geothermal systems.
Solar water heating is a great way to harness the free power of the sun to cut down on energy bills.
State and federal program also provide incentives for installing photovoltaic solar panels, wind, biomass, and geothermal systems in your home or business:
- Central Georgia EMC solar panel rebate program
- Central Georgia EMC geothermal system rebate program
- Cobb EMC
- Cowetta-Fayette EMC
- Greystone Power
- Jackson EMC
- Sawnee EMC
- Georgia Power solar power buyback program
- TVA utility partners renewable energy purchase program
- Statewide clean energy tax credit
- Federal tax credits for renewable energy generation, including solar PV and small-scale wind
Once you’re generating clean energy at home, you can sign up for net metering, a service through which utilities compensate customers for energy they generate but do not use. Contact your utility company to sign up.